Gender Coordinator position:
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience on gender mainstreaming. Additional experience on related themes; environment, conflict resolution and poverty is a plus.
· Experience in drafting concrete gender policy papers.
· Sound knowledge of gender mainstreaming at the regional level.
· Develop gender sensitized indicators and reflected in monitoring and evaluation.
- Job Description:
· Focal point for all gender-related activities.
· Attend meetings on gender related themes and initiate linkages with partners.
· Provide support to cluster leads in gender meetings and liaise with external gender advisors and focal points from other agencies and organizations.
· Build relationships with key actors internally and externally to promote gender-sensitive programs.
· Provide leadership and direction at the regional level.
· Develop gender strategies, indicators, and action plans for ongoing/future projects.
· Monitor progress on gender mainstreaming in projects by using gender frameworks and tools.
· Lead development and implementation of gender mainstreaming trainings at the regional level.
· Work closely with other team members to disseminate progress and results.
· Remain in constant communication with field staff.
Please submit your CV and motivation letter by stating the above position in the Note line.
Deadline for accepting applications is: 21 May 2019
Horizons for Green Development is an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity and inclusion.